Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Flowers are so last season......

I love fresh flowers in the house! Nothing says pretty and fresh like a cute collection of gerber daisies in a simple glass container.

But even when the flowers are orange and light brown--they don't really work with the autumn. Autumn just doesn't feel like flowers.

I have seen lots of fall themed tablescapes that use the colorful leaves we associate with fall. Love them but.....I'm in Texas. Leaves here don't change til November. I decided to grab some lower branches of our Magnolia in the back and with the help of my little ballerina, we put together this tablescape.



But still not much fall.

So I decided to go with a totally different approach. Gathering some small branches in the backyard, I found a bigger mason jar and pulled out the glue gun and ribbons. I had some 'fake' branches with berries from a local craft store and added them to  jar I decorated. I must say the process worked for me:


Simple, inexpensive (less than $5!) and very fall. I think the key is various lengths of slender branches to keep it visually appealing.

So anyone out there have a gorgeous fall centerpiece they would like to share? Email me at notexactlydomestic@yahoo.com  and I will share them in the next few weeks!

Enjoy the day and God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh how I wish I did!!! Still working on some things....I'll try to email you pics when it's done...but don't hold your breath on that one ;) Yours looks simple and beautiful! Love it! You and the Ballerina did a niiiice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Staci! I think it is fitting for fall--and lots less fess than flowers right now :)
    Waiting to see pics from you :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post! Thank you for taking the time to share! Love, me