Monday, September 27, 2010

Domestic Goddess? Not Exactly

Greetings! I am a stay at home mom with four children in the great state of Texas. My husband is an always working real estate agent. Because being a mom is my job, I have always wanted to do my best. Now in my dreams, I am perfectly dressed in heels, hair coifed and the home sparkling and like a page out of 'House Beautiful' kind of like this :




But the real truth is, I am more like this:


Not exactly together. Not exactly domestic goddess.

The fact is, I am real. I'm flesh and blood, not a goddess, not even Martha Stewart (is she flesh and blood? Has anyone checked?). I can use a glue gun but I can't create an amazing fall decor room using fallen branches and leaves. I can cook but a five star five course meal in five minutes is beyond me. I can use a flat head but creating a bedroom set from left-over rustic timbers found at a charming flea market has never happened.

I think somewhere there is a fine medium.

I intend to find it here. I hope you will join me.

Thanks for reading and God bless you!

6 comments:

  1. Sister, when you find out that secret...I want to KNOW!!!!!!! I am super excited about your new blog!!!! Been thinking about starting mine up again too :) We'll see :) YAY for you!!!! Cute design and name!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back! Love the new blog & am excited to follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy and Andrea--thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very refreshing and soooo encouraging-mom of 4 bit discouraged

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post! Thank you for taking the time to share! Love, me