Saturday, October 2, 2010

Time For God

I know God may seem out of place for a domestic blog but I personally cannot imagine my life without God. Before the sun comes up, and, hopefully, right after an early morning work-out, I love sitting back in my comfy chair with some fresh brewed coffee and my bible.

Through the years, I have found numerous morning devotions but I must share my very favorite that I turn back to almost every day. It's  Portals of Prayer.


It comes out in magazine form at my church every three months. The devotions include scripture reading, a great verse and an 'application' reading for each day--all in a quick format that can fit into a very busy mom's day! I am lucky to attend a church that has these at the information desk for free (you may have them too but just never saw them) but you can also order them for $12.00 for a year of devotions here or you can enjoy the devotions  online or (one more option) listen on audio.

I find nothing more calming, inspiring or better way to get my day going right than spending a few moments in devotion.

If you already have a great devotion, please share it with us and if you have never tried it, please give it a try and let me how it goes!


God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post! Thank you for taking the time to share! Love, me